Exterior doors do more than protect your home from the elements. They add curb appeal, too. For your next home project, Renewal by Andersen® gives you 10 color tips for your doors in Cincinnati, OH:
- The color wheel can help you choose a shade that goes well with other exterior components. You can opt for monochromatic, analogous, contrasting, or complementary colors.
- Colors can affect your home’s architectural style. Pastel or bright colors, for example, go well with modern homes instead of traditional ones like Victorian.
- Consider materials, architectural style, and the surrounding landscape when choosing a hue.
- You can turn your exterior doors into focal points of your home. If you want to make your patio doors pop out, choose a shade that contrasts with your home’s siding.
- Colors can express personality or vibe. If you want to display an energetic vibe, opt for brighter hues. Tones that are more subdued look better for traditional homes.
- Make sure you look at a color sample during different times of the day. Colors might appear different in the morning, afternoon, and night.
- Consider a finish that will also protect your sliding patio doors in Cincinnati, OH. Doors from Renewal by Andersen, for example, have vinyl sheath or urethane base finish for added protection and curb appeal.
- You can also base your door shade on the materials of your roof or siding.
- Make sure you stick to at least three color schemes for your home’s exterior.
- Get inspiration from magazines and websites. You can also look for software that allows you to design your doors even before you replace them. At Renewal by Andersen of Cincinnati, you can try out our Visualizer tool to customize your patio doors.
Create a beautiful home with colorful patio doors from Renewal by Andersen of Cincinnati. Aside from a wide range of interior and exterior color options, we also offer grille patterns and decorative hardware for our doors. Our sliding and French patio doors in Cincinnati, OH, also help you save energy through energy-efficient glass.
Call us today at (513) 813-5834 to learn more curb appeal tips. You can also schedule a free in-home consultation by filling out our contact form.