Comparing Fibrex® & Vinyl
Perhaps you are in the process of researching the best replacement windows, and are trying to decide between wood composite and vinyl windows. After weighing the features and benefits, we think you’ll be amazed at the advantages and value offered by Fibrex® windows from Renewal by Andersen®. Andersen Corporation launched Renewal by Andersen to change the replacement window industry, and that’s just what our patented Fibrex material has done.
How Fibrex® is Different from Other Materials
- Because Fibrex is over 200% stronger than vinyl, it can be used to produce narrower frames and sashes with more glass area. Vinyl windows have a higher expansion and contraction rate, which increases the possibility of broken seals and means a shorter life for your windows.
- When combined with Andersen High-Performance™ glass, Fibrex frames offer better thermal insulation to keep your home more comfortable and help you save on energy bills. Plus, Fibrex won’t warp due to sun exposure like vinyl windows will.
- Low maintenance. Fibrex never needs painting or scraping because it doesn’t rot or decay like wood. It expands and contracts very little, even in extreme temperatures. This means we can offer Fibrex in dark exterior colors not available for vinyl windows.
- With our classic architectural designs, Renewal by Andersen windows look natural in any application. If you need a custom window, Fibrex can be extruded into virtually any size or shape. Since vinyl is about half of the strength of Fibrex, our competitors need much thicker frames to achieve similar strength, reducing glass area and creating an unappealing look. Most vinyl window replacement companies use welded corners, resulting in unsightly seams. At Renewal by Andersen, we prefer a mortise-and-tenon joint that is far more visually appealing.
- Environmental responsibility. Forty percent of the wood fiber used to produce Fibrex is reclaimed as part of Andersen’s Green Seal certified manufacturing process. Renewal by Andersen windows also meet strict ENERGY STAR® qualifications. Fibrex even helps us meet California Code 01350: one of the strictest indoor air quality codes in the world.
- Few distributors of vinyl windows in Cincinnati offer fully transferable, non prorated warranties. By and large, so called “lifetime warranties” are nothing more than advertising gimmicks. Often times, they do not cover labor, only cover the lifetime of the window, or use some other loophole to cost homeowners more money. Instead of offering a complicated, gimmicky warranty, Renewal by Andersen covers our glass for 20 years, installation for two years, and parts and pieces for ten years. Our warranties are fully transferable and are never prorated. If something goes wrong within the warranty period, it doesn’t cost the homeowner a dime.
Discover the Renewal by Andersen Difference
Renewal by Andersen does not offer vinyl replacement windows for good reason. Fibrex has been engineered to perform better than vinyl on every level. We invite you to see and feel the difference in material and craftsmanship. Call (513) 813-5834 today to schedule a free, no-hassle in-home consultation, or visit our showroom location at 11785 Highway Drive Suite 200.