If this is your first time doing a window replacement project, then you’re going to need all the information you can get. There are a number of starter guides you can peruse online, but you’ll soon find that most of the answers you seek lies with your choice of window contractor. You have to know exactly what you’re getting into, and the best way to do this is to get the details straight from the horse’s mouth, so to speak. Most of them offer free consultations, which should give you the perfect opportunity to ask about what you want to know.
Before you have those new windows installed, make sure to ask your window replacement contractor in Mason, OH, these practical questions:
1. “Do you have the necessary qualifications?” First things first, make sure the person you’re meeting with is an actual window professional. Ask the potential contractors about their licensing and insurance. You should also determine whether they’re carrying the applicable workers’ compensation and liability coverage. And if they claim to have all these, politely ask them for proof. Your greater protection should be a priority, and working with a contractor who has the necessary credentials can ensure that.
2. “Can I get a detailed estimate?” Window replacement can be costly. If you want to see exactly where your budget is going to be used for, you should ask your contractors for a quote. Don’t agree to an estimate over the phone either – have them perform an in-home evaluation. This way, they’ll be able to draw up a bay windows installation quote that’s more precise and comprehensive. And one other thing – make sure the estimate is written down and every aspect of the project neatly and visibly itemized. If you spot any charges that seem vague or out of place, ask your contractor for clarification.
Here are some of the details that should be included in the quote:
- Start and estimated completion dates
- Number of windows to be replaced and installed
- Detailed information about the replacement windows, including size, style and customization options
- Product and labor costs
- Warranty coverage
- Step-by-step description of the window replacement process
- Information about window removal and disposal, along with post-installation cleanup
3. “What type of windows do you offer?” Window contractors usually offer a full range of window styles. These may include double hung, picture, sliding and specialty windows. But just because they offer much of the same window options doesn’t mean the quality will also be the same. Some window companies lead the field because they’re offering a selection that comes with distinct advantages. Take Renewal by Andersen® of Cincinnati, for example.
We are a licensed and insured company that remains unmatched when it comes to delivering high-quality window replacement. Our options use a revolutionary composite material, Fibrex®, which offers the best features of wood and vinyl, but none of their weaknesses. Fibrex allows for replacement windows that have wood’s strength and insulating properties, and vinyl’s low-maintenance value. They’re impervious to wear and tear, warping, rot and corrosion, and keep airtight seals that prevent significant energy loss. Our Fibrex windows are often paired with our advanced High-Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun™ glass for superior energy performance.
4. “Will you tell me more about the installation process?” Every window company has its own way of doing things. If you work with Renewal by Andersen of Cincinnati, you’ll find the process both simple and streamlined. Here’s how we’ll install your home’s new windows:
- First, we’ll schedule an in-home consultation. During this meeting, our window consultants will listen closely to your needs and vision, take precise measurements of your windows and identify any installation challenges.
- Your Renewal by Andersen windows will be designed and built to your exact specifications.
- During installation day, our team will try to make the process as seamless and unobtrusive as possible. They’ll also take measures to protect your home and keep mess to a minimum. Following the installation, a thorough cleanup will be performed.
- Our team will demo your new windows to ensure that they’re installed properly and completely functional.
5. “What about the window warranty?” The warranty included with your new windows adds an extra layer of protection to your investment, so make sure to ask your contractor about it. At Renewal by Andersen of Cincinnati, for example, our windows have a fully transferable limited warranty. This includes a 20-year coverage on our advanced High-Performance Low-E4 SmartSun glass and Fibrex material components, such as frame, sash and exterior grille. The warranty also comes with 10-year coverage on window hardware and installation.
Schedule Your Window Consultation
Renewal by Andersen of Cincinnati is your trusted source of the highest quality replacement windows in the Midwest. From classic casements to stunning specialty windows, we got you covered. Make us your top choice for your window upgrade, and you can rest assured that your project will be completed to your satisfaction. Call us today at (513) 283-8996, or fill out this contact form to request a window quote. We proudly serve the areas in and around Mason, Sharonville and Loveland, OH.